COOKIES, WEB ANALYTICS AND SOCIAL MEDIA
1 Cookies and similar technologies
Our legitimate interests are:
- Website optimisation
- Improving the security of the website
- Improving user-friendliness
- Interest-based advertising
- Making functions of our websites available
- Integrating social media
- Analysing how our website is used
We use process cookies to ensure that our website works properly. This includes navigation and the secure processing of purchases on the website. For example, we use the ‘Korb2’ cookie to save your shopping basket.
Furthermore, we use secure cookies to authenticate you as a user and to protect your user data from unauthorised access by third parties. For example, we use the cookies ‘sid’ and ‘jsessionid’ to secure access to protected areas of the platform.
We use session cookies to obtain information about our users’ interaction with the website. This enables us to constantly improve our services and optimise them for our users. For example, we use the ‘sid3’ cookie to anonymously analyse the effectiveness of selected improvements on our website.
However, if you prefer, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer. Please note that completely disabling cookies may prevent you from using certain features of our website. How long cookies are stored for varies depending on their purpose.
We use the following third-party cookies:
- Google Analytics (Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, parent company: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA)
We use this web analytics service to help design and optimise our website in line with demand. In the European Union and EEA, Google receives your IP address in truncated form.
- intelliAd (diva-e Products GmbH, St. Martin Str. 78 (Building BT3/EG), 81541 Munich)
Anonymised usage data is collected and stored in aggregated form to aid the design and optimisation of this website as required.
- ADITION (ADITION technologies AG, Oststraße 55, 40211 Düsseldorf)
ADITION is used for marketing and optimisation purposes as well as to statistically evaluate the number of visitors. All information in the cookie is anonymised and is of a purely technical nature.
- Google Remarketing (Google Ireland Limited, see above)
The remarketing function is used to present interest-based advertising to website visitors. A cookie is stored in your browser which recognises you when you visit a website belonging to the Google advertising network. This allows us to serve interest-based advertisements throughout the Google network. On these websites, adver-tisements can be shown to you relating to content that you have previously accessed on other websites that al-so use Google’s remarketing function. According to Google, it doesn’t collect any personal data in this process. The purpose of the remarketing function is marketing and its optimisation.
- Google Campaign Manager (Google Ireland Limited, see above)
We use Google Campaign Manager to present advertisements that are relevant to you and to ensure that users don’t see the same adverts more than once. This allows us to enhance our campaign performance. A cookie ID is used to record what advertisements are shown in which browser. Data is collected and evaluated solely on a pseudonymous basis, making it impossible for you to be identified.
- Google Ajax Search API (Google Ireland Limited, see above)
We use Google Ajax Search API for marketing and optimisation purposes, especially to analyse the use of our website and to continuously improve individual features and offers as well as the user experience.
- LinkedIn conversion tracking and retargeting (LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, parent compa-ny: LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court Mountain View, CA 94043, USA)
Opt-out: You can opt out of interest-based advertising on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/psettings/enhanced-advertising. To do so, you must be logged in to LinkedIn.
- Google Tag Manager (Google Ireland Limited, see above)
We use Google Tag Manager to manage website tags via an interface. No cookies are set and no personal data is collected.
- MT Captcha (1400 Four Embarcadero Center San Francisco, CA 94111)
This is used to prevent spam attacks by ensuring that data input by the user (e.g. when signing up) is entered by a real person and not by an automated process. The data is anonymised and stored in Europe. Privacy poli-cy: https://www.mtcaptcha.com/legal-privacy-captcha.
- Outbrain (UK Ltd., Outbrain UK Limited, 5 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA, UK)
We use Outbrain to measure conversions and optimise advertisements. The data collected by Outbrain com-prises the device source, browser type and anonymised IP address.
We use the services of Intercom Inc., 55 Second Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA 94105, USA (‘Intercom’) as a means of communication (online chat) and for analytics. When doing so, we share contract data (such as email address, name, com-pany name) as well as usage data based on our legitimate interests (pursuant to point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR). Using the services of Intercom enables us to guide users through new products. We use Intercom services for the following aims:
- Improving customer service
- Analysing customer behaviour
For more information, please visit https://www.intercom.com/legal/privacy.
If you don’t want this information to be collected and transferred by Intercom, please use the opt-out cookie: Disable Inter-com.
3 Integration of third-party content
We have integrated third-party content – videos, map services and images – on our website. When you access this content, the third-party providers named below receive your IP address. These third-party providers can use your IP address to derive technical information and possibly track your surfing behaviour by means of cookies and other technologies. The legal basis for this form of data processing is point (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR. Our legitimate interests lie in presenting items clearly and vividly by embedding videos as well as making it easier to find locations referred to on our website.
- Vimeo (Vimeo, LLC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA)
- YouTube (Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA)
- Google Maps (Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA)
4 Social media plug-ins
We use social media plug-ins on our website in accordance with point (a) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR in order to make us better known. The related promotional purposes constitute a legitimate interest for us. By using plug-ins, your browser es-tablishes a direct connection to the servers of the respective social media providers. The social media providers receive the information that your browser is accessing the corresponding website. If you are logged into your social media profile, the social media provider can associate the fact that you have accessed the website with your profile. If you don’t want this to happen, please log out before visiting the website. We do not receive any information about the data sent to social media providers.
- Facebook like functions/sharing (Facebook Ireland Limited)
- Twitter (Twitter Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA)
- Xing (Xing AG, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany)
Last updated March 2021