Mercateo UK Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as Mercateo) takes the protection of your data very seriously and maintains the online platform www.mercateo.co.uk in accordance with the applicable data protection. The following illustrates:
- Which data will be collected when using the platform
- For which purposes the data will be used
- How this data will be processed and used, in particular
- To whom this data will be made available
- Which rights you will have
- Which safeguard measures Mercateo will take
2. Data Collection
1. You can visit our website without leaving personal or corporate data.
2. The data which you explicitly provide will be collected. This could apply to individual customer contact, for example, by email, telephone or on the platform if you use the option to enter data (e.g. login registration, booking form, request forms). You will be informed of the type of data which is intended for collection prior to the respective process if this is not clear from the type of upcoming process (e.g. name and password during login registration or on the ‘User Data’ screen: telephone and email). If you subscribe to the newsletter, your email address will be used for our advertising purposes until you unsubscribe. You may unsubscribe at any time.
3. Furthermore, usage data will be collected which you submit when using the platform (executed item searches) and/or which the respective Internet provider discloses when using the platform (amongst others, your computer’s IP address) and/or generates by means of electronic tracking. Usage data may include personal or corporate data or make it possible to infer such data.
4. Without your registration or login, anonymous usage data, e.g. the type of browser or operating system which you use or which pages you have visited on the website, will be transmitted by your browser when accessing the platform. The data collected in the process will not be used to identify you or your company.
3. Special purpose
1. Your data which you disclose on the platform (directly yourself or via an internet provider) will be used for those purposes for which the respective data has been transmitted (e.g. to conclude an agreement, for technical access to the platform).
2. You will be informed of the purposes before data is collected or in this statement if they cannot be derived from the nature of the process (e. g. collecting an IP address to access the platform or collecting a delivery address to deliver goods).
3. By or pursuant to statute, data may be used for purposes other than those you were made aware of. If your data is used for such other purposes, this shall be exclusively within the context of these statutory provisions.
4. Data processing and data usage
1. The data will be stored for as long as the data is required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected (e.g. to process orders, for market research or advertising on the platform).
2. Usage data shall be automatically stored in server log files. This data shall be used to make the handling of functions on this platform more attractive and improve their efficiency.
3. We also use your data to communicate with you regarding your orders, certain products or marketing campaigns and to recommend products or services which may be of interest to you
5. Third parties
1. If necessary, your data shall be transmitted to third parties to fulfil the purpose for which this data was collected, for example to process a contract.
2. The data stored in the electronic data processing system shall be available to Mercateo and companies controlled by or affiliated with Mercateo for the purposes for which they were collected (inter alia to process orders, for market research and advertising on the platform). The said companies shall be subject to this data protection statement or to another which at least complies to the practices described in this data protection statement.
3. To fulfil the contractual obligations the necessary data (e.g. address, name and if appropriate telephone number) shall be transmitted to the transport personnel delivering the goods to use the data for this purpose.
4. The data shall be used if this is intended by or pursuant to a law, for example request for surrender by a public prosecutor’s office. Apart from that, the data shall not be passed to third parties without your consent, unless we are required to do this by law. Beyond that, your data shall not be passed on to third parties, neither by means of a sale nor in another way.
6. Solvency check
1. If there is a legitimate interest, Mercateo will check the customer’s solvency before the delivery, and submit the personal data required for a solvency check (name and surname of the managing director, company, and address data) to the Creditsafe Deutschland GmbH, Charlottenstr. 68-71, 10117 Berlin, that will carry out a corresponding evaluation on the basis of mathematical-statistical procedures. In order to compute the probability value, your address data will also be used. You may object to the submission of your data to the credit agencies in text form (e.g. email, fax, and letter) at all times. In the case of an objection, Mercateo reserves the right to offer no other type of payment than prepayment.
7. Your rights to information, correction, blocking or deleting data
1. You shall have the right to information, correction, deletion or blocking of your stored data at any time although it will not be possible to implement your request in any case without undue delay due to commercial and tax law provisions.
2. You will be informed if your request cannot be fulfilled without undue delay but only at a later date on the basis of justified reasons.
3. At any time, you may object to the collection, processing and use of your personal data in whole or in part. Similarly, at any time you may revoke any prior approval you gave to collect, process and use your data in whole or in part with effect for the future without any costs being incurred other than the transmission costs subject to basic tariffs.
4. Please note that it will not then be possible to provide those services which require the use of the data you do not wish to be used.
5. Likewise, you may object at any time to the setting up of a user profile in the form of non-personal data. In this respect, you simply deactivate the cookies on your browser. Please note that this means that certain services are no longer technically possible on the platform. When you subscribe to the newsletter, your email address will be used for advertising purposes until you cancel the subscription. Cancelling your subscription is possible at any time.
6. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address: Mercateo UK Ltd. 16 Great Queen Street, London WC2B 5AH.
8. Platform security
However, you can adjust your browser to refuse all cookies. Depending on the security level you have chosen the functionality of the platform may be limited in use. This means that certain services on the platform, e.g. using the shopping cart or placing an order, are then no longer technically possible.
The platform uses so called “session cookies” and “persistent cookies”.
Session cookies are temporary and you may automatically delete them after you have finished visiting the platform by configuring your internet browser accordingly. The cookies store your usage data while you are visiting the platform, for example they store your identity using the IP address.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer’s hard disk for a longer period until you delete them. We use this cookie, for instance to save the provisional contents of your shopping cart for a specific period.
Further, cookies are used to trace anonymous user data.
2. Safeguard measures
Suitable technical and organisational measures shall be taken to safeguard your data from unintentional or unlawful deletion, transfer, access, manipulation, loss or any other misuse.
For your security, your data shall be encrypted using the SSL web page certificate.
Please note when using the internet that security depends on several factors and cannot be completely ensured at all times.
3. Third party websites
Mercateo does not have any influence on the current content of third-party websites which can be accessed via the Mercateo platform or on how these websites are operated. Mercateo shall not be responsible for data protection or for the contents of these websites.
1. Mercateo uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site.The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In the event that IP anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other signatory states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will be transmitted to a Google Server in the USA and shortened there only on an exceptional basis. On behalf of Mercateo, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services to Mercateo relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google will not associate the IP address transmitted under Google Analytics by your browser with other data held by Google. You may prevent the storage of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software; however, we must advise you that in this case, you might not be able to use all functions of this website to the full extent. You may prevent Google from recording the data generated by the cookie and pertaining to your use of the website (including your IP address), or processing these data by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in available through the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
2. You may prevent data collection by Google Analytics by clicking the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set which will prevent the collection of your data when visiting this website in the future.
3. Deactivate Google Analytics
We embed videos from the Vimeo video portal operated by Vimeo, LLC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA, on our website //www.mercateo.com/corporate. If you access a video via Vimeo, a connection to the Vimeo servers in the United States will be established. Certain information will be transmitted to Vimeo in the process. Vimeo might also place cookies on your device; in particular the Google Analytics tracker. This represents a tracking process by Vimeo which we cannot influence. You can prevent tracking by Google Analytics by using the deactivation tool which Google offers for some browsers. You may also prevent Google from recording the data generated by the cookie and any information pertaining to your use of the website (including your IP address), or processing these data by downloading and installing the following browser plug-in available through this link:
Moreover, Vimeo allows for certain other features such as the rating or sharing of videos. These features are solely offered by Vimeo and third-party providers and you are advised to read their privacy statements before using the respective features. Mercateo does not have any knowledge of the content of the data collected by Vimeo or third-party providers and does not have any influence on how the data is used.
For further information on the collection and utilisation of your data by Vimeo as well as your rights in this context, please see Vimeo’s privacy statement at http://www.vimeo.com/privacy.
2. Third parties
To ensure that the articles are presented in a lively, optimal manner, we also embed videos in the article description on the Mercateo platform at times. The embedding is executed by a third-party provider. If you access a video, a connection to the respective third-party server will be established and certain information relating to the utilisation will be transmitted. This data is processed in accordance with the respective privacy regulations of the third-party providers. Mercateo does not have any knowledge of the content of the data collected by the respective third-party providers and does not have any influence on how the data is used.
11. Data protection statement for the use of Google +1
1. Collecting and forwarding information:
Using the Google +1 button you can publish information worldwide. Via the Google +1 button you and other users will receive personalised content from Google and from our partners. Google will store the information that you have submitted to +1 and information about the website which you have viewed by clicking on the +1 button. Your +1 can be shown as comments along with your profile name and photo in Google services, such as search results, or on your Google profile or on other websites and advertisements on the internet.
Google will record information on your +1 activities to improve its Google services for you and others. To be able to use the Google +1 button you require a public Google profile which is visible worldwide and which must at least contain the name selected for the profile. This name will be used in all Google services. In some cases, this name may replace another name you used when sharing contents via your Google account. The identity of your Google profile may be displayed to users who know your email address or who are provided with other identification information.
2. Use of the information collected:
Apart from the purposes of uses listed above the information you have provided will be used according to the prevailing Google data protection provisions. Google will possibly publish summarized statistics on its +1 users’ activities or will forward these to users and partners such as publishers, advertisers or linked websites.
3. List of references used:
Data protection statement for Google +1
12. Data protection officer
1. Should you have any other queries which could not be answered in this data protection statement, you may contact our data protection officer at email@example.com.
2. The department responsible for collecting, processing and using personal data within the context of the German Data Protection Act is Mercateo UK Ltd. – Legal Department, Mercateo UK Ltd. 16 Great Queen Street, London WC2B 5AH.
Valid since May 2016.